Website conversion rate can easily be increased with a solid plan & some right tools.
So let’s dive in.
- First thing first, Optimize your product. Trust me, nothing works until unless your product itself is worth buying. Ask this to yourself: Is my product making the life of the users more simpler, convenient or productive?
- Drive relevant traffic to your website. Relevant traffic means people who are genuinely interested in your products/services/resources. There are a variety of ways to drive such a traffic: Search engines, social media, emails, events etc.
- Speed up your website. Nobody likes browsing a slow loading website (forget about conversion). Ideally, your website should load within 2 seconds.
- Add the beauty element to your website. Don’t opt for a free theme. Instead, go out & look for a theme that makes your website attractive (yet simple). Fact: A beautiful website converts better.
- Strategically use the call-to-action button. ‘Buy now’, ‘order now’, ‘Get it now’ etc. are called call-to-action links or buttons. Place them strategically near a list of features or customer reviews. Make sure that the color of the button is contrasting the color of the background. Also, take care of the frequency at which such buttons are displayed.
- Add customer reviews on your landing page. Collect customer reviews through a survey & put the positive ones on your landing or sales page. This simple tweak can increase the trust of your website visitors. And, as you know, when it comes to sales or conversion, trust makes or breaks a deal.
- Add live chat option on your website. A great way to assure customers that you are ready to solve their problems as & when they arrive.
- Add security seals near call to action buttons or on your checkout page. This boosts the confidence of your prospects in your website checkout system.
- Add multiple contact channels on your contact page. Your prospective customers want you to be accessible via various platforms. Try adding a map, full address, phone number, social links, email address & contact form to your contact page.
- Describe your product interestingly. Don’t just write a boring product description & expect your visitors to buy. Instead, use your own unique style to make the description interesting. Bonus tip: Focus more on product benefits & less on features.
- Add video to your landing or sales page. Video can increase engagement rates dramatically. More engagement simply means more probability that a visitor will convert.
- Offer free trial if possible. Free trial is an awesome way to let your product speak for itself.
- Add FAQs page. FAQs stands for frequently asked questions. This is a proven way to address issues or concerns of prospects. The sooner you address queries of your visitors, the faster you would see them becoming your customers!
- Reduce the number of forms field on the checkout page. Don’t turn off your prospects with unnecessary form fields on your checkout page. Only ask for information that are absolutely essential to process the order. Eliminate all others.
- Take your visitors through a Conversion Funnel. Outright sales or pitching doesn’t generally yield good results. Instead, take your website visitors through the funnel that delivers more value at each stage in return for more price. Example of a conversion funnel: Offer free e-book in return of email address >> Offer low-priced & less-value product >> Offer high-priced & high-value product.
- Communicate with your email subscribers regularly. Use an automated email application to drive your subscribers towards conversion. In fact, email marketing has got the best conversion rate among all marketing channels. So, get this right!
- Write blogs. Blogging regularly will signal your prospects that you know the tricks of your trade. You will become an expert in the minds of your website visitors. And, as you should know, people trust experts when it comes to sales. This strategy plays well, particularly in the B2B industry.
- Embrace social media. Social media is a communication channel that can help you reduce the gap with your prospects digitally. Be enthusiastic & address queries of your prospects in as many details as possible.